April 2018 Running and Bourbon Adventure Day 1

Originally posted May 6, 2018.
The beginning of a running and travel adventure for April of 2018 started in Nashville.  This is the second year of the one mile run on Thursday night as part of the Rock and Roll Marathon St. Jude weekend.  I had done the 1-mile race last year and decided since I was going to Louisville to do my ½ marathon, I would do the mile again this year.  They moved the location across the river in front of Nissan Stadium.  I really liked that move, which is closer to the expo and the NFL draft party.  The course is flat and fast too.  This year Kade (one of my friends from Fleet Feet training) was also doing the race.  We also ran into some other familiar faces prior to the start of the race.
After the race, we decided to go eat and chose The Diner, since neither of us had been there before.  It is downtown on the corner of 3rd Avenue South and Demonbreun.   The Diner concept was to have a place for breakfast and late-night food.  There are six floors, the first is like a diner or soda shop, floor 2 is a bar, floors 3-5 are sit down dining and the 6th floor is an oyster and sushi bar.  We decided on the 4th floor to have a good window view as suggested by the hostess. I was not impressed, probably feeling a little like the residents in the Encore building when high rises started going up around them and they lost the spectacular view of the city. Granted the garage door windows weren’t open but the only view I had was of the building right next to me.  It was late, and I didn’t take the time to check out the 6th-floor view, hopefully, it is better.  They had a good variety on the menu but the prices where high.  I chose a veggie burger with sweet potato fries.  To be honest it was a bland $12 meal.  My Cowboy Quinoa burgers from Trader Joe’s have more flavor.  Kade had the lasagna which was large serving with a small breadstick and no salad.  Not sure that it was worth $18 though.  I’m glad I tried it but know there are so many more options available in Nashville.  Personally, I won’t go back to The Diner nor will I recommend it to anyone.  Next, stop Louisville as more adventure awaits.


Comments