The Noshery- It's right in front of you but you don't see it.

 It is amazing how you can see something but not really see it.  The Noshery has been open since the fall of 2021 according to the lady at the counter.  I have driven by this going to get my hair done every month for almost a year and didn’t notice it until August of 2022.  The Noshery is on Knoxville Avenue just before I turn to go to Peoria Heights.  For those that know, Peoria it is near Junction City.  

They say it is elevated eats for everyone.  There are six businesses in one location.  They are Whistle Stop Deli, Ramen Ya, Cheeze Louize, Taco Rio, Box Car Pizza Co. and CC’s.  The theme was on point with trains.  They had tables with maps and other stuff about trains.  The interior was brick and very open.  

I decided to stop and try the Pizza.  I got the supreme and it was loaded with toppings.  The slice was as big as my plate as you can see in the picture below.  Could I have had more of course but was I full yes.  I thought the pizza had a good flavor and I really liked the thin crust.  I had tea and it was bottled.  I sometimes don’t like bottled tea due the citric acid they put in and this was one of those cases.  It was just average tea and it was over priced (I think it was $3.00.).

The lady at the counter said the grilled cheese sandwiches were good and popular.  I wasn’t in the mood for grilled cheese that day but will go back and try one.  I know it is hard to believe I was not in the mood for a grilled cheese, that is a rarity.  The big question will be which sandwich do I get: Kevin, Marilyn, Vinny, or the Louize.  Yep there are some others but just looking at the menu those sandwiches stood out.  I might have to try the mac and cheese too, it sounds really delicious.

The Whistle Stop Deli is a New York style deli according to the website.  I looked at the Ramen Ya menu and I may have to give that a try on another visit.  I can’t say I have ever gone anywhere to have Ramen.  I know people do that in Japan and in bigger cities here in the states.


Check out the menus online at The Noshery  and if you find yourself in Peoria, Illinois give it a try.  There are lots of options for everyone. I look forward to trying the other menus.  Maybe this will be a regular stop when I get my hair done now. 




Comments