Where to Watch College Football in Nashville

This was originally posted on November 11, 2017, and since then the Iowa bar has changed to the Tin Roof on Broadway.
As I mentioned in my previous post-College Football games are fun.  When you can’t go to the game, and you want to watch with others one of the best places is a local bar.  In larger cities, they will have bars that are designated or have become host to fans/alumni of specific teams.  In Nashville, Bailey’s is the place to watch Iowa.  I don’t always get to go to Bailey’s to watch the game, but I’m sure glad I did for the Ohio State game.  The whole second floor is reserved for Iowa fans to watch the game with sound.  When you go to a place and the game you want to watch isn’t the big one you don’t get sound.  I would say the atmosphere is as close as you will get to being at the game.  After each score, we do the I-O-W-A cheer just like you would in Kinnick. At the end of the first quarter we wave to the kids and then at half-time we sing the fight song.  Many people go every week to watch, while others are just visiting Nashville and stop in to watch.  This particular game I sat with a couple just visiting, they were from Iowa, well she graduated from Nebraska.  We had a fun time chatting and giving high fives every time Iowa scored.  Bailey’s wait staff is great  and the food is pretty good.  I probably wouldn’t just go to eat but since I’m there to watch the game I do get something.  This game I had the hummus platter which was good.  Sadly the next few games I had to work or was out of town.  I miss that fun-filled atmosphere, but always good to know there are Hawkeye fans wherever you go.  During basketball season I go to Smokin’ Thighs or the Crow’s Nest, they both have several televisions and usually can show the Iowa game on at least one of them.  So you might be wondering where can you watch other games?  Here is a list that I found on reddit.com:
SEC-
  • Florida - Jonathan's Grille and Riverfront Tavern
  • LSU -Slider House, Jed's
  • Arkansas - Two Bits
  • UT - Crow's Nest, Beer Pale
  • Missouri - Jonathan's Grille
  • Kentucky - Corner Pub, Tin Roof Broadway
  • Ole Miss- South
  • Georgia- South
  • Vanderbilt- The Pub
  • Alabama- Dawghouse, Moe’s Franklin
  • South Carolina- Tin Roof Midtown
  • Auburn - Edley's East
  • Mississippi State - Corner Pub Brentwood
  • Texas A&M - Corner Pub Brentwood
Big Ten-
  • Michigan State- Bar Louie
  • Indiana- Jed’s
  • Michigan- Bar Louie
  • Nebraska - Tin Roof Cool Springs
  • Ohio State - Athletic Club Cool Springs
  • Iowa - Tin Roof Broadway
Big 12-
  • Oklahoma State- Crow’s Nest
  • Texas- Crow’s Nest
ACC-

  • NC State- Sam’s
  • Louisville- Jed’s
  • Clemson- Tin Roof
  • Virginia- Mafiaozas
  • UNC- Neighbors
  • Miami - Sam's
  • Pitt - Dave and Busters
  • Wake Forest - ML Rose/Fieldhouse
  • Syracuse - Riverfront Tavern
  • Georgia Tech - Mafiaozas
  • Florida State - J's Sports Grill, Smokin Thighs
  • Virginia Tech - Corner Pub

Comments