Burger Republic

Originally posted April 22, 2018. 
What does one do when it has been a dreary weekend and you finally get your 12-mile run in?  Treat yourself by going out for lunch and having a shake.  So, I decided to go to the Gulch neighborhood, this is one of my favorite places in Nashville.  I went to Burger Republic which was rather busy considering it was 1:30, but I got a table right away.  Also, parking is free for an hour in the Icon parking garage, but even if you are there another hour parking is $4.00 for the additional hour.  These parking prices sure beat the prices downtown.
Burger Republic has a great selection of appetizers, salads, and burgers.  They also have delicious shakes that can be milk or spiked, so do save room for the shake.  I decided since I ran 12 miles to get a shake after I had my lunch.  When I had gone in the past I had the Tennessee (Jack Daniels’ honey glaze, American cheese, smoked ketchup, maple basted Benton’s bacon and Memphis dusted crispy onions) which is on the Zagat’s 50 burgers in 50 states for good reason.  I wanted to try something else, so I decided on the Taco Truck (taco spice, lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapeno, cilantro guacamole, tortilla strips, sour cream, and habanero jack), I did hold the jalapeno.  I love that you can select between certified Angus beef, all-natural turkey, house-made veggie burger or all-natural chicken breast.  I selected the turkey.  You can also choose the bun which I selected whole wheat over brioche.  The other two bun options are an additional $1.  Then you select a side and I would recommend the tater tots, that is what they are known for and they are good.  Funny I don’t remember tater tots being a thing, but they are in Nashville.  Who else remembers tater tot casserole or just tater tots in school lunches?  Not to worry these tater tots aren’t soggy. Sometimes like at Burger Republic you should get tater tots instead of French fries.  As you can see in the pictures the portions are generous.  I chose to take half of the tater tots home, so I could have that shake.
I decided on the (ABC) Assassination by Chocolate which is loaded with chocolate, it was delicious, to say the least.  This one is for my niece Esther who kept wanting a shake every time we ate out on her last visit, but we were always too stuffed after our meals.  Previously I had the Spiked Reese’s Malt (house-infused Reese’s peanut butter cup vodka and malt).  Let’s just say if you love Reese’s peanut butter cups and vodka it is a must.
So, if you’re in Nashville and want a great burger and shakes (Milk or Spiked), then Burger Republic is a great option.  There are 4 locations in middle Tennessee (the Gulch, Lenox Village, Mt.Juliet and Murfreesboro). Until the next adventure.

Comments